Old Town Hall
Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall)
The old town hall was erected in 1867 on the site of an existing communal wine press. Until 1955 the new building was used as the municipal office in the "Old School", and then between 1980 and 2005 it was the tourist information office.
The building displays an historic architecture influenced by the rounded arch style of the Karlsruhe architect Hübsch (Heinrich Hübsch, born 1795, died 1863). It's design echoes late gothic and renaissance examples in Florence, with a rounded arch frieze (just below the roof-line) modelled after the Palazzo Vecchio there. In 1979, following the cancellation of an extension, the east facade was made the main entrance.
Next stop: cross the main road (Werderstraße) and walk a short hop down to the Lindenhof.