Alamanicus

Lindenhof

Posted by on in Müllheim Town Tour
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • Hits: 2596
  • 0 Comments
  • Subscribe to this entry
  • Print
  • Report this post

Lindenhof

Named after the Linden trees that stood here, Lindenhof was built in 1792 by Friedrich Fischer and his wife Catarina (nee Blankenhorn). It is the oldest building on the Werderstraße road that was itself laid down in 1826 by mayor Nikolaus Blankenhorn.

The property is a typical Markgraefler farmhouse, with residential and farm buildings grouped on four sides around the yard, and a sandstone coloured facade with architectural motifs.

Between 1978 and 2003 it was the home of the Müllheim wine co-operative and currently, since their merger in 2003, the home of the Schliengen-Müllheim co-operative.

Next stop: across the main road and just pass the Sparkasse bank is the Old Sparkasse and Villa Kräuter.

Blog posted from View larger map
Rate this blog entry:
0
Alamanicus is wandering his old Alemanni haunts, revisiting the places where once he used to drink, carouse, and beat up the odd Roman legionnaire or two. Things have moved on since his day, and the old Alemanni country now lies across south west Germany, French Alsace, and northern Switzerland. Cut through by the mighty Rhine, it is an area of great beauty, and a lot has happened there since Alamanicus last walked this land.

Comments

  • No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment

Leave your comment

Guest Thursday, 25 May 2017

Trip Reports

Login With Facebook

 

 

Alamanicus

 

Follow us on foursquare

 

Alamanicus To Go

 

Photography

Alamanicus posts some of his favourite images to 500px

Autumnal Glow in Müllheim, by Alamanicus on 500px.com

Autumnal Glow in Müllheim by Alamanicus

Advertisement