The existing protestant parsonage (or rectory) and deanery is the third building to be erected on this site.
After the reformation in 1556 (when the Margrave of Baden-Durlach established the protestant religion in his territories) the last catholic priest relinquished his private rectory. This first building was burnt down in 1633 during the Thirty Years' War.
During the 1660's a new building was constructed what is now the parsonage garden. When this second building fell into disrepair the current house was erected in 1769, in the former kitchen garden in the street.
The harmoniously proportioned building features a 'hip roof' (where all roofs slope down to the walls) structure resting on a cellar pedestal, with a facade segmented by vertical pilasters (partiially protuding columns).
Next stop: opposite and a little up the hill is St Martins Church